Sooji halwa recipe, soft and delicious
A super moist, traditionally and authentic sooji halwa that will steal your heart.
Servings 6 servings (about three cups)
For Sheera (sugar syrup)
- 1½ cup sugar or more to taste
- 3 tablespoon raisins optional
- 3 cups water
- A pinch of yellow food color
- ¾ cup clarified butter (ghee), substitue with unsalted butter or oil
- 3 cloves (laung)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 cup fine semolina sooji
- 3-4 tablespoon pistachio and almonds chopped
In another pot, heat clarified butter and fry cardomom powder, cloves and semolina. Fry until semolina color changes and fragrant. Semolina burns quickly so stir constantly.
Now, add sheera water in semolina pot. Cook for 10 minutes on very low heat so semolina puffs completely. Keep stirring and cook until oil separates from sides. (Sooji halwa should be runny and not lumpy. It will absorb more water upon cooling and thicken.)
Garnish with pistachio and almonds.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 505kcal