Broccoli Potato Soup
All broccoli goodness wrapped in a soup bowl. The soup has medium consistency and gives enough bite with tiny veggies.
Servings 5 servings
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cup brocolli stem and floret cut in small pieces ( from 1 head of broccoli)
- 1 potato cut in cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 fat cloves of garlic chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 chicken cubes optional
- 2 cup cold water more as needed
- ½ cup corn
- ⅓ cup broccoli cut into tiny florets
- ⅓ cup carrots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut milk powder or 1 cup of coconut milk (see notes)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander or green onions
Heat oil in a pot and sautéed broccoli, onions, garlic and potato for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent and broccoli is bright green.
Now, add chicken stock and chicken cube to the pot and cover the pot. Cook for 15 -20 minutes until potatoes are cooked throughly.
Remove from heat and add another two cups of water to cool the soup. Then blend the soup into a smooth purée in a food processor.(Jug or hand blender)
Now, add the remaining, veggie to the soup and boil for 7 minutes on medium heat until the carrots are soft.
Next, add the seasoning and coconut milk powder mix well.
Simmer the soup on low heat for 4-5 minutes then garnish with green onions or fresh coriander and serve hot.
- Coconut milk can be substituted for evaporated milk, cream, or plain milk.
- You can add extra cream or sharp cheddar cheese to make this soup rich and creamier.
- Add tiny pasta like macaroni or bow tie pasta for extra thickness and hearty soup bowl.
- You also add any veggies or green of your choice along with carrots and corns.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 207kcal