Pakistani Aloo Tikki Recipe
Stick to the proportion in the recipe and they will come out clean and crisp.
Servings 10 servings
- 4 medium potato (500 gram), boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon red chilli flakes
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 4 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon chat masala or to taste
Mash boiled potatoes until smooth. Set aside.
In a pan, heat oil and add the ingredients of tempering. Give it a stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Add tempering and the remaining the ingredients to the mashed potato. Mix well and roll out 10 small tikkis. Keep mixture in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
Deep fry tikki in hot oil in small batches until golden and crispy. (Make sure oil is hot and flip tikki after 1 minute of cooking.) Remove to a kitchen towel and serve with any sauce or chutney.
Protein options: You can also add a few tablespoons of shredded leftover chicken or leftover mince or shredded beef to the Tikki mixture.
Veg options: Similarly, you can also add a few tablespoons of green peas or green onions.
Serving: 1Tikki | Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 411mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg