Tomato Soup Indian Style
A sweet and sour tomato soup that is served best with fried croutons.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 fat cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 twigs of curry leaves substitute with cilantro or parsley
- 4 tomatoes cut in chunks
- 1 onion cut in chunks
- 4 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock, I used homemade
- 1 chicken bullion cube use vegetable bullion for non-veg. (Skip if using store brought chicken or vegetable stock)
- ¾ teaspoon fresh pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup I used my homemade ketchup
- 3 tablespoon cream
- 1 can corn frozen or boiled will work too.
Now, add all ingredients of tomato puree. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat until vegetables are soft.
Remove from heat and add two cups of cold water, ½ cup ketchup, and 3 tablespoon cream. Blend it until smooth.
Strain the puree through a coarse strainer. Return soup to the pot.
- Add some cornflour slurry to thicken the soup.
- Carb options: Add a handful of noodles or pasta with corn to thicken the soup.
- Veggie option: I find corn to be the best match in thin tomato soup. But if you like veggies in your soup, you can add carrot matchsticks, cabbage, and capsicum.
- Protein options: You can add prawns or velveted chicken directly to the soup.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 155kcal