pita pocket sandwich
Just make chicken filling, chop some veggies, assemble sauces and you are ready to enjoy a light yet scrumptious sandwich.
Servings 10 Pita Pockets
- 500 grams boneless chicken cut into thin 1 inch strips
- 1 cups yogurt
- ⅓ cup cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chilli powder or 1 paprika and ½ tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon red chilli flakes adjust to heat preference or skip
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup sliced onions about 1 medium onion
- ¾ cup sliced cabbage about ⅓ small cabbage
- ½ cup tomatoes about two medium tomatoes
- ½ cup capsicum any color you like
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1¼ cup tzatziki sauce half of this recipe, optional
- 5 pita breads cut in to halves to make 10 pita pockets (half of this recipe)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise get my recipe here.
- ⅓ cup ketchup get my recipe here.
- 3 tablespoon chilli garlic sauce or 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ½ tablespoon mustard sauce or less
Take chicken in bowl and mix all the ingredient of marinade in it. Set aside for 20 -30 minutes.
Transfer chicken in a pan. Cover and cook chicken on medium heat for 10 minutes until tender. Then remove lid and burn any excess water. We need dry but moist chicken.
Mix all the ingredients for veggie filling in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Now mix all the ingredient of dip sauce in a bowl, set aside.
To serve, open a pita pocket and fill it with the veggie filling first. Then top it with Tzatziki sauce.
Now add the chicken filling and top it with dip sauce. Add olive slices and jalapenos (if using) and serve.
Serving: 1pita sandwich | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 1170mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 733IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 1mg