Brigadeiro Recipe, 7 Variation
Work in batches if doubling or tripling the recipe for best results.
Servings 15 small truffles
Classic Brigadeiro filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder good quality
- 2 tablespoon butter more for greasing.
- 1 pinch salt
- 15 almonds roasted (optional)
- Chocolate sprinkles can be used for all variations
Chocolate coffee Brigadeiro
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- Cocoa powder
White Lemon Brigadiero
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Coloured Sprinkles to roll
Cookie Cream Brigadeiro
- 10 Chocolate sandwich biscuits
- 1 tablespoon cashew powder or butter
- Crushed Cashew to roll
- 1 tablespoon peanut powder or butter more to roll
- Crushed Peanuts to roll
- Crushed pistachio to roll
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk powder
- Dried coconut flakes
Grease a heat proof plate or baking sheet.
In a thick-bottomed pot add condensed milk, cocoa powder, salt, and butter. Mix well. (Also add the additional flavoring ingredient if using.)
Cook on medium-low heat the mixture for 15 minutes with constant stirring. Cook until the mixture gets thick and leaves the sides of the pan forming a ball like soft dough. Adjust heat if the mixture is sticking to the bottom. Keep scraping the sides with a spatula.
Pour mixture on a greased plate and let it cool for 25 minutes.
When the mixture is cool enough to handle roll out a small ball and tuck an almond in it hiding it completely. Repeat to make more balls.
When all balls are ready, roll each ball in the desired topping or simply in the chocolate sprinkles. Brigadeiro truffles are ready to serve in bonbon cups. Store at room temperature or in the fridge for 3-4 days. These start drying after 12 hours and lose it chewy softness.
Chocolate Coffee Brigadiero
Cookie n Cream Brigadiero
Separate the cream and cookies. Crushed the cookies into fine powder and reserve for rolling.
In step 2 also add cream from cookies along with the cocoa powder and follow the rest of the steps as it is. Roll in cookies powder or chocolate sprinkles.