Oreo Truffles (Balls) with Condensed Milk
This makes these bite sized balls really great for serving in parties. So Oreo, so chocolaty!
Servings 36 balls
- 356 gm 1 packet Oreo (36 cookies)
- ¾ can condensed milk at room temperature
- 250 gm chocolate of your choice bitter or semi sweet or milk chocolate or chocolate chip
Crush Oreo cookies with its cream filling in an electric mixer to make a fine powder.
Pour ½ can condensed milk first. Mix well and then add more to make a fine paste like a cookie dough. (Adjust condensed milk measures, if required.)
Make 1 inch balls with mixture. Work quickly as the dough tends to get dry and crumbly.
Place the balls in the fridge until needed . (Helps to firm up the balls.)
Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 sec then 15 sec and then 10 seconds and stir in between. Keep the chocolate temperature below 86 F for milk chocolate (and 90F if using dark chocolate.) Do not rush the process to keep the chocolate in its temper.
Dip each ball in the chocolate and lift each truffles with the help of fork place it on the butter paper.
Sprinkle color sprinkles immediately while chocolate is melted. Oreo condensed milk balls are ready.
If you wish to store it in the fridge. Transfer to the fridge immediately and oreo condensed milk truffles will set in 15 minutes.
Oreo truffles with condensed can be stored at room temperature, make sure to temper the chocolate correctly and store it at room temperature only so the chocolate doesn't melt. Once firm store in an air-tight container at room temperature for 2 days.
- Oreo: You can take any Oreo biscuit flavor you like from mint to caramel or peanut butter.
- Condensed milk: I've tried this recipe with homemade condensed milk too. Works fine.
- Chocolate: You can take any coating chocolate you like from mint to white chocolate.
- You can add less condensed to reduce the sweetness. If the mixture is still crumbly add little milk, 1 teaspoon at a time to bring it together.
- If making a double of this recipe, work in 2 batches as the dough gets crumbly if kept for a long time. However, you can add little milk to bring it together.
- If you like the chocolaty taste, you can mix some chocolate chips, nuts, in the condensed milk-oreo dough.
- You can do white chocolate drizzles too instead of sprinkles.
Serving: 1truffle | Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg