Mushroom soup with chicken stock
A quick and simple mushroom soup that tastes delicious.
Servings 6 small bowls
For mushroom puree
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ¾ can mushroom, cut into pieces (reserve can water)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon plain flour
- 4 cups chicken stock, homemade
- 2 cups milk
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano powder, optional
- ¼ can mushroom, sliced
- salt to taste
For Mushroom puree
In a pot add mushroom, onion, garlic and butter. Fry for 5 minute on medium flame.
Add mushroom can water. Transfer mixture to blender and blend it into a smooth puree.
In the same pot fry flour in butter for 1 minute and pour chicken stock gradually breaking the lumps.
Next add milk, cream, salt, pepper, sugar, oregano and mushroom slices.
Simmer on low heat until thick.
- Fresh mushroom tastes best.
- You can add baby corns or corn, thyme, parsley too.
- Make it creamier with extra cream or evaporated milk.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 658IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 1mg