Ginger Green tea recipe
I have shared my best combination for cold weather but make adjustments to suit your taste.
Servings 2 cups
- 2¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger for strong or ½ tablespoon for light tea
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder or 1 inch cinnamon broken into chips
- 2 teabags green tea or 2 teaspoon loose green tea
- 4-6 drops lemon juice or to taste, optional
- 1½ tablespoon honey or any other sweetener to taste
Fill two cups of water to the brim and pour in pot or kettle. Bring it to boil.
Add ginger and cinnamon and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes until color changes.
Add lemon, honey and green tea.
Boil for 30 secs.
Cover pot and turn off heat. Let tea steep for 3-4 minutes.
Reheat and serve.
- If you want to make ginger tea without sweetener, add less ginger or it will get very spicy.
- You can use 2 teaspoon ginger powder instead of fresh ginger, but fresh is recommended.
- Other optional spices and herbs: You can add any of these at step 2 along with grated ginger.
- 10 mint leaves
- ¼-½ teaspoon green cardamom powder or 3-4 pods cardamom, crushed to open the pods and used with seeds.
- ½ tablespoon fennel seeds.
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh turmeric or ½ teaspoon turmeric powder