Keema cutlet, soft and juicy
An easy recipe for deliciously soft cutlets. The spices are moderate and you may add more chillies or chat masala for spicier kabab.
Servings 20 cutlets
- ½ kg (1.1 pound) mince meat mutton/beef/lamb (keema)
- 4-5 bread slices (preferably karak roti)
- ½ cup milk (doodh)
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste (hari mirch)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste (lahsan adrak)
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder (dhanya)
- ½ tablespoon red chili flakes or to taste (kutti lal mirch)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (zeera)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (kali mirch)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch)
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh green coriander / cilantro (hara dhanya)
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (pudina)
- 4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (lemo ka ras)
- 1 egg for adding in mince marination
- 1 cup bread crumbs for rolling cutlets
- 3 large eggs white and yolk separated for egg wash
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli or pepper
- Oil for frying
Preparing Cutlets mixture
Soak bread in milk then mash the bread, set aside.
Put meat mince and spices in a food processor and pulse until mince is very fine and soft.
Add soaked bread, cilantro, mint, lemon juice, and 1 egg to grounded mince. Mix the mince and spices very well with hands. The mixture should be soft like roti dough.
Cook a small ball of cutlets to test the salt and spice level. Adjust mixture as per taste at this stage if required. (This step is optional)
Heat oil in a pan on low flame.
Beat egg whites until foamy with a hand beater. Add egg yolk, salt and pepper and mix well.
Dip each cutlet in egg and shallow fry each cutlet for 4 minutes on each side on medium heat. Then remove on a paper towel and serve.
- You can freeze the cutlet for up to 2 months.
- After drying oil, pack cutlets in a foil and serve in foil. You can reheat the cutlets by steaming them on the stove so the cutlets stay juicy and soft.
- Oil tends to get foamy while frying cutlets so separate beating of egg yolk and white helps overcome this problem.
Serving: 1cutlets | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg