Step by step recipe of Mushroom soup with Chicken stock recipe with photos.
Winter calls for warm comforting soups, although, here in Karachi, we seem to have ever lasting, tormenting summers. Even at the beginning of November, we are comfortable in our summer lawn shalwar kameez and still sweating. Although, morning are cool now. But that doesn’t stop soup lovers from enjoying soup. We enjoy hot soups in summers too sitting in our Air conditioned room, although, winter calls for mellow and mild soup.
Here’s another mild chicken mushroom soup with creamy touches. The soup taste better next day so make large batch that you can enjoy afterwards. Mushroom and baby corn make good friends so do add baby corns if you can grab a few. I’m using canned mushroom which are easily available here but fresh once are best. I have kept the soup simple and thin but you can add more cream or a few tablespoons of evaporated milk. Add thyme, parsley or experiment with new herbs and let me know too in the comments.
How to make Mushroom soup with Chicken stock recipe
Mushroom soup with chicken stockClick stars to rate this recipe! Print Pin
For mushroom puree
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ¾ can mushroom, - cut into pieces (reserve can water)
- 1 small onion, - chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, - chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon plain flour
- 4 cups chicken stock, - homemade
- 2 cups milk
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano powder, - optional
- ¼ can mushroom, - sliced
- salt to taste
For Mushroom puree
- In a pot add mushroom, onion, garlic and butter. Fry for 5 minute on medium flame.
- Add mushroom can water. Transfer mixture to blender and blend it into a smooth puree.
- In the same pot fry flour in butter for 1 minute and pour chicken stock gradually breaking the lumps.
- Next add milk, cream, salt, pepper, sugar, oregano and mushroom slices.
- Simmer on low heat until thick.
- Serve hot.
- Fresh mushroom tastes best.
- You can add baby corns or corn, thyme, parsley too.
- Make it creamier with extra cream or evaporated milk.