I love juice! Yeah... even if the juice is green and looks like a video game energy potion. Well! This green spinach juice is full of iron and vitamins and despite looking very healthy and not tempting, it is very refreshing and tasty. Yes! You heard me right the green detox juice tastes delicious despite being healthy.
I tried this recipe with kiwi, orange, and banana. But then I came to know fruits and veggies should be eaten separately as both have different digestion timings. Apple and carrots are exceptions to this rule. Green juice in a blender is better than green juice in a juicer as you get most of the fiber, so I decided to make this detox juice in a blender.
Now, Green juice taste boring as green veggies are low in sugar and high in fiber. So we add apple, lemon, and ginger for a flavor kick. Not to forget all these ingredients also help in weight loss too. If you add celery too, it is great for the skin.
Benefits of green spinach detox juice
Here's few reason why you should add green juices to your diet.
- The green juice when made in a blender is high in fiber and helps digestion.
- The low glycemic index due to the low sugar content of greens veggies makes it good for weight loss.
- Naturally, high in vitamins and mineral makes the green detox juice the best choice to boost immunity.
- This green spinach juice has cucumber and apples, both make it refreshing and hydrating.
- The hydration, high fiber, and high nutrition all help improve your skin.
- Spinach: Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron, and vitamin B2. Vitamin K is important for maintaining bone health and it is difficult to find vegetables richer in vitamin K than spinach.
- Cucumber: Cucumbers are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals. It contains antioxidants and promotes hydration. It may help in weight loss and lower blood sugar levels.
- Apple: Apples are nutritious and good for weight loss. They can lower the risk of diabetes and promote good gut bacteria. It can help prevent cancer and help fight asthma.
- Lemon: Lemon helps weight loss and helps promote overall body immunity.
- Learn more here.
Can I drink green juice every day?
In moderation, you can drink it every day. Since juicing allows you to consume a large amount of green that cannot be eaten as raw or cooked. So make sure you take only a single serving of this drink every day. Since I’m also adding water to this drink you can have a serving as big as 300 ml.
What is best time to drink green juice?
The best time to drink any juice is in the morning on empty stomach. That’s when your body is more likely to absorb more nutrients. However, you can drink it anytime.
What else can be added in green detox juice?
You can add any greens to this juice that you have in hand like kale, celery, mint, parsley, broccoli, and Swiss chard. For flavor enhancers, you can add some ginger as well.
Side effects of spinach green juice
If consumed in moderation green juice is beneficial. But if you have gout or high uric acid avoid spinach and broccoli in green juice. Use kale or other greens instead. Because spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower are high in purines which can, in turn, increase Uric acid.
People with kidney problems and kidney stones should avoid it or drink occasionally as greens are high in oxalic acid, so it can put excess work on kidneys to remove them. It can also develop kidney stones.
How do you make Green Spinach juice?
- Fresh and organic is best: Try to get organic baby spinach for the best taste. Baby spinach is mild in taste compared to mature and bigger spinach leaves.
- Wash carefully: Spinach has a lot of dust on its surface, therefore, wash spinach in a large bowl full of water. Pick leaves from to leaving the dusty residue in the bottom. Repeat 2-3 times at least until water runs clear. Then store in the fridge and use as needed.
- Prepare Veggies: Wash and chop veggies roughly for easy blending. You can add any green veggies you have in hand and the combos you like best.
- Blend with little water. Drink immediately. If you find it too fibrous and heavy strain it through a coarse strainer and do a taste test. Adjust as needed.
- How to store Green Juice? : Green juice should be consumed fresh but if you find it difficult to make it fresh every day. You can double the recipe and store it in the fridge in a glass container. Drink within 48 hours for the best result.
Thirsty for more drinks? Check these!
Green Spinach Juice blender recipe
- 1 cup baby spinach, 100 grams, washed
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut in chunks, makes about 1 cup
- 1 large apple, cored and cut in four
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chilled water
- ⅛ inch ginger slice
- 1 stalk celery
- Few kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey, or any sweetener of your choice
- Put all the ingredients in the blender except sweetener and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- You can drink this juice right away or strain it through a coarse strainer to lighten it. Transfer juice to a coarse strainer with a large bowl underneath. Press the juice with a rubber spatula and spread it all over the walls of strainer to extract most of the juice and the fibre.
- Transfer juice to a small jug. Do a taste test and add honey or any sweetener only if needed. Tastes very refreshing.