Step by step orange peel tea recipe with photos.
Orange peel tea is a tasty tea you can make to change your mood. The tangy flavors of the tea will burst in your mouth long after having it. You can make the simple orange tea into a tea of your choice by adding green or black tea or milk chai. The tea has a refreshing taste but I like it occasionally only for a change in the evening. Children definitely like it. To make orange peel tea choose fresh organic oranges with thin peel.
I also make
Benefits of Orange peel
We all know that the flavors and vitamin of orange are more in peel than in juice. Then? Does it make sense throwing all those vitamin in garbage. Of course not. Orange peel has 60 different types of flavonoid and 170 types of phyto nutrients apart from being rich in vitamins, minerals, pectin and fibers. Historically, Chinese people had used Orange tea for medicinal purpose since long time. Here are few major benefits.
- Relieves respiratory problem like cold, flu, asthma by expelling congestion.
- Helps weight loss by reducing appetite
- anti inflammatory
- anti oxidant
- anti cancer
- Good for oral health as it removes bad breath and whitens teeth.
Side effect of orange peel tea.
Its has practically no side effects if consumed in moderation. Increase use can cause diarrhea, or vomiting.
How to make orange peel tea recipe
- ½ peel of an orange - (I used kennow orange)
- 2½ cups water
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 cloves laung
- 2 inch cinnamon - , broken in chips
- 1 tbsp honey or sugar
- Choose brightest, freshest orange for peel. Remove any spot or marked areas.
- Thinly slice the peel.
- Bring water to boil and add all spices and orange peel. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until color of water changes.
- Add sweetener of your choice.
- Turn off heat and cover. Let the tea sit for 15 minutes. For stronger taste leave it up to one hour.
- Reheat, strain and serve.