Step by step recipe of Fried eggplant fries recipe with photos of each step.
These Eggplant fries are delicious and no one can detect what is inside. I made everyone at home taste these and no one could guess what’s inside. But the seeds of eggplant if noticed can make anyone suspicious. The texture is somewhat hollow and bread like. And it is chicken flavored.
I recommend a spicy mayo garlic dip to go with it and I also recommend making regular potato fries along with these for some variety. Because kids and guest both love variety. Like you won’t make only baingan pakora ever, you’ll make onion, palak, aloo and baigan pakora.
These are crispy but you need to serve them hot and fresh. Good thing is that you can coat the fries with bread crumb and can fry it up to two-hour later and serve hot. Because you dip eggplant in milk and water solution, they don’t turn dark. These eggplant fries make yummy snack as well as starter.
My other snack recipes are
How to make Fried Eggplant Fries Recipe?
Eggplant Fries Recipe
- 2 (200 gram) Egg plant
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flour
- 1 chicken cube or 1 tablespoon chicken powder
- ½ teaspoon dry basil leaves
Bread crumbs Coating
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- a pinch salt
- a pinch pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Oil to fry
- Chat Masala
- Mix milk, water and salt in a large bowl set aside.
- Peel eggplant and cut lengthwise like french fries. Soak eggplant in milk water solution for 10 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients of Flour coating. Wipe excess water from eggplant slices and coat each slice in flour coating.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper and milk. Coat each eggplant slice in egg mixture first then coat with bread crumbs.
- When all fries are coated, heat oil and deep fry eggplant fries until golden brown. Serve hot with ketchup and chat masala.