Ditch your commercial soda and enjoy these simple Plum drink recipes. Just make the basic plum syrup and use it to make plum lemonsoda, plum lemonade or plum juice.
I have a secret to share. This summer, I'm obsessed with plums. Everybody at home feels the same. We are having this plum jam for breakfast and also as a snack with toast around tea time. Then, we love this Plum juice and the Plum lemonade. I served this Plum drink to few guests on a hot summer afternoon and everyone said it was super refreshing. After all, nothing can beat the freshness and energy of real fruit drinks.
The best thing is that these drinks are super easy to make but they look really fancy with little effort. I just make this plum syrup and from it, I can make a slushy plum lemonade or this fizzy plum lemon soda.
Ingredients and variations
The ingredient of plum juice concentrate is plum, sugar, and lemon juice. You can blend plum concentrate and ice to make a plum slushy. Or just mix plum concentrate, water, and lemon soda to make plum lemon soda. You can add some mint, cumin, black salt too if you like spiced drinks.
Benefits of plum juice
Plum like other stone fruit is not ideal for juicing like apple and orange. These can be best consumed raw. If you wish to juice it, you need to mix the flesh with sugar ( or any natural sweetener) and water for a thin and flavorful juice-like drink. Here are few benefits of plum juice.
- Aids in Digestion
- Boosts Cognition
- Improves Vision
- Weight Loss
- Regulates Cholesterol Levels
- Prevents Chronic Diseases
- Anticancer Potential
I shared a recipe for just 500 grams of fresh plums in the recipe card but feel free to double or triple the recipe and freeze the syrup in small jars or cubes. And you can use it as required in the late summers. Since the concentrate has high sugar content, you can also store the concentrated syrup in the fridge for up to a month or more.
How to make Plum drink syrup
Make this simple plum drink concentrated syrup and use it to make plum drinks. Here's a pictorial for quick visual grasping.
- Wash and deseed plums.
- Take plum, sugar, and water in a vessel.
- Cook for 15 minutes until soft.
- When the syrup is cool, blend well and store in fridge or freezer until required.
Check more plum and drink recipes!
Tried any recipes? I'd LOVE to hear about it in the comments. Your 5-star ratings and comments motivate me to do my best.
Plum Drink, Juice, Lemonade
Plum Drink Concentrate
- 500 grams (1.1 pound) plums, pitted
- 2¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice, or more
Plum Lemon Soda (for 1 serving)
- ½ glass chilled water, plus ice cubes
- ¼ glass plum syrup
- ¼ glass lemon soda, like sprite or 7 up
- Mint leaves, for garnish
Plum Lemonade (for 1 serving)
- ⅔ glass ice cubes
- ⅓ glass plum syrup
- Mint leaves, for garnish
For Plum Concentrate
- Put all in a pot in a stainless steel pot on medium heat and boil for 15 minutes until soft.
- Let the syrup cool, then blend. The plum concentrate syrup is ready. Transfer to a jar and store in fridge for 3-4 weeks. You can freeze it too for later use.
For Plum Lemon Soda
- Mix water, ice and syrup. Pour in glass and top with lemon soda. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
FOR PLUM LEMONADE RECIPE (SLUSHY)
- Put plum syrup and ice in a blender and pulse until ice is slushy for about a minute.
- Garnish with mint and serve immediately.