I had served this plum drink to a few guests on a hot summer afternoon and everyone said it was super refreshing. After all, nothing can beat the freshness and energy of real plum fruit juice.
The best thing is that these drinks are super easy to make but they look really fancy with little effort. I just make this plum syrup and from it, I can make a slushy plum lemonade or this fizzy plum lemon soda.
We love fresh fruit juice. Plum like other stone fruit is not ideal for juicing like apples and oranges. These can be best consumed raw.
If you wish to juice it, you need to mix the flesh with sugar ( or any natural sweetener like honey or maple sweetener) and cold water for a thin and flavorful juice-like drink. Here are a few health benefits of fresh plum juice.
- Aids in Digestion
- Boosts Cognition
- Improves Vision
- Weight Loss
- Regulates Cholesterol Levels
- Prevents Chronic Diseases
- Anticancer Potential
The ingredients of pure plum concentrate are fresh plums, sugar, and lemon juice.
For the best results make sure the plums you use are fully ripened, sweet, and have dark skin and a pink or red center. Those are the best tasting.
How to make it?
Making this simple plum concentrated syrup is super easy, you can do it on the stovetop and you just need 10 minutes to make it. Then it is ready to use to make plum drinks. Here's a pictorial for quick visual grasping.
- Wash and deseed plums. No need to skin it. The skin has flavor, color, and nutrition.
- Take plum, sugar, and water in a vessel.
- Cook it until the plums are soft and melting.
- Blend the plum mixture using a food processor or immersion blender until it forms a smooth syrup.
- Transfer syrup to a glass container and let it cool completely before placing the lid. Then store it in the fridge. You can also can it by following the water bath method and sealing it. Then it can be stored at room temperature.
Plum Lemonade Slushy : You can blend plum concentrate and ice to make a plum slushy.
Plum Lemon Soda: Or just mix plum concentrate, water, and lemon soda to make plum lemon soda. You can add some mint, cumin, and black salt too if you like spiced drinks.
I shared a recipe for just 500 grams of fresh plums in the recipe card but feel free to double or triple the recipe and freeze the syrup in small jars or cubes. And you can use it as required in the late summer. Since the concentrate has high sugar content, you can store the concentrated syrup in the fridge for up to a month or more.
Check out more plum and drink recipes!
If you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Most 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Plum Juice Recipe
Plum Drink Concentrate
- 500 grams (1.1 pound) plums, pitted
- 2¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice, or more
Plum Lemon Soda (for 1 serving)
- ½ glass chilled water, plus ice cubes
- ¼ glass plum syrup
- ¼ glass lemon soda, like sprite or 7 up
- Mint leaves, for garnish
Plum Lemonade (for 1 serving)
- ⅔ glass ice cubes
- ⅓ glass plum syrup
- Mint leaves, for garnish
For Plum Concentrate
- Put all in a pot in a stainless steel pot on medium heat and boil for 15 minutes until soft.
- Let the syrup cool, then blend. The plum concentrate syrup is ready. Transfer to a jar and store in fridge for 3-4 weeks. You can freeze it too for later use.
For Plum Lemon Soda
- Mix water, ice and syrup. Pour in glass and top with lemon soda. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
For Plum Lemonade (Slushy)
- Put plum syrup and ice in a blender and pulse until ice is slushy for about a minute.
- Garnish with mint and serve immediately.