Step by Step Aam Panna recipe with mint | Keri pudina Sharbat recipe
Beat the heat with this cooling drink. The salt and sugar in this drink along with raw mango (keri) rich in vitamin C protects you from dehydration and sun stroke. This drink helps digestion and cools the body. It also help detoxify body and increases the production of bile juice. Aren’t those exact qualities we look for in the best ramadan drink?
What is more interesting is the taste is not very sour like what I would expect of Raw mango. It has a balanced sweet and sour taste. Such homemade drink and far better than store-bought drinks. You can add lemon juice to the drink to make it more tarty, (recommended when serving as welcome drink). But then also increase sugar measure. I intentionally avoided lemon in this recipe as I intend to add this recipe in Ramadan drink recipes. And Ramadan is the time when one needs to be more careful about health. So you don’t miss your fast due to any sickness.
My other Ramadan drink Recipes
How to make Keri pudina Sharbat recipe
Refreshing, cooling drink for summers and iftar.
- 4 (500 grams) Raw Mango (keri)
- 4 cups water , divided
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds (zeerz) , roasted
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 2 fist full mint leaves
Wash and peel raw mango. Slice the pulp off the seed. Cut the pulp into pieces.
- Boil pulp in 2 cups of water for 7- 10 minutes until tender, with lid covered.
- Once tender, pour 2 cups of cold water to cool the mixture. Next, add sugar, black pepper, roasted cumin and black salt. Mix well and let it cool completely.
- Transfer the raw mango mixture to the food processor, add mint leaves and blend into smooth pulp.
- Transfer the pulp into a large vessel and strain the liquid in a coarse strainer.
Your sherbet concentrate is ready. Can be stored in fridge for 2-3 days.
- Fill ¼ glass with concentrate. Add two cubes of ice and fill remaining glass with water. Mix well and serve.
Step by step Keri pudina Sharbat recipe
Wash Raw Green Mangoes (keri).
Slice the flesh off the seeds. And cut the flesh in pieces.
Boil Raw Mango flesh with 2 cups of water for 7 minutes. Cover the lid.
Raw Mangoes are tender now.
Add another 2 cups of cold water to cool the mixture and add sugar.
Add black salt. (You can also use pink Himalayan salt or table salt.)
Add black pepper. Let it cool completely.
Transfer mixture to a food processor and blend. (I decided to add mint later, you can add mint here too and strain all together.)
Blend for 2 minutes until smooth.
Strain the mixture to remove solid particles. (But this straining step is optional.)
Aam Panna, Keri sharbat or raw green mango juice concentrate is ready.
To add cooling mint flavour. Transfer half of juice back to the food processor and blend with mint for 2 minutes until smooth. Mix this with remaining juice. Your concentrate is ready.
To make sharbat fill ¼ glass with concentrate. Add 2 ice cubes. Fill the remaining glass with cold water. Mix well and serve.