One of the followers on YouTube recipe complained that I always post recipes that have so many steps. So, I decided to post this very easy Tandoori Chicken Recipe for my newbie or busy cooks who want quick and simple recipes but with great taste.
This is again a no fail recipe that I’ve been making for more than 15 years, since my teens. My eldest cousin shared this recipe to me and this was the easiest recipe she could think of. Without much ado let’s move in to tips.
- To make the recipe easy, I’m using ready-made tandoori spice mix. You can switch tandoori masala for Tikka masala or Chargaa masala too.
- If you want more gravy in chicken, you can add up to 1 cup yogurt in this recipe.
- You can marinate chicken up to 12 hours ahead and keep the marinated chicken in fridge.
- Instead of using a tikka cut (chicken cut in four pieces), you can also make a whole chicken with this recipe for a tempting looks on a family gathering.
- Instead of cooking chicken on stove, you can also bake the chicken in an oven.
- You can also grill this chicken on barbecue pit.
- If you like smoked food, you can smoke this chicken after cooking.
The winner in this recipe is the sauce that compliments the tandoori chicken immensely, so make sure you serve it with the cilantro garlic sauce.
My other similar recipes
How to make easy Tandoori chicken recipe
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from my site, please share on social media with #loveRecipe52 or tag us on Facebook and Instagram @recipe52.
- 1 chicken , cut into 4 pieces (750 grams)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic gaste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 5 tablespoon tandoori masala or less
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5 round red chillies
- 2 twig curry leaves
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon cilantro or fresh corriander, grounded into paste with little oil
- Salad leaves
- Onions ring
- Cucumber slices
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces. Then, incise deep cuts in the chicken across the grains. (Check video for details.)
- Mix all the ingredients of marinade in a bowl. Then rub marinade thoroughly over the chicken pieces . Rest the chicken for 30 minutes on the kitchen counter.
- Then, heat oil in a pan and add all ingredients of tempering. Crackle the spices for few second then add chicken. Flip the chicken from side to side to coat it with the tempering.
- Add water and cover the pan. Cook chicken for 20 minutes on medium heat until tender.
- Serve chicken with fresh salad and cilantro garlic sauce drizzled over it.
- While chicken marinates, prepare the sauce by grounded cilantro with little oil into a paste.
- Mix this paste with mayonnaise and garlic paste. Sauce is ready.
You may marinate chicken up to 12 hours ahead, keep the marinated chicken in fridge.
Like, Comment, Subscribe to let us know your opinion and request. We are working everyday to bring best taste with easiest recipe.
Pin this image for later reference!