Craving something that will tantalize your taste buds and make you crave for more and more? Do yourself a favor and make this ridiculously easy Thai sweet Chili sauce recipe. Did I tell you it tastes great on anything. I mean anything from shawarma to garlic bread and from pizza to Biryani.
After making this sauce you’ll be asking yourself why you ever bought a bottle from store. It’s so easy and ingredients are also so easily available.
You can preserve this sweet chilli sauce in fridge for a 7-10. The high sugar and acid content is a preservative itself. But make sure to use clean an jar to store sauce for longer duration. And use clean and dry spoon to serve each time. Or simply put sauce in a sauce bottle so their is no need to serve with spoon and pour directly.
I’m sharing a small recipe that’ll yield only a cup of sauce. Since, its spicy sauce you can’t consume too much all together. But you can double the sauce easily if making for a party or you have a large family. I also recommend making fresh sauce time to time for best taste and texture and not store it for too long.
How to make Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
An easy, quick sauce that could be served with almost any kind of snacks.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh red chillies very finely chopped (see notes 1)
- ½ tablespoon garlic very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger very finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
In a pot take all the ingredients except cornflour. Bring to boil and cook for 1 minutes.
Add corn flour mixed with water and stir gently until thickened. Transfer hot sauce to a clean and dry glass jar.
Let the sauce cool completely then close the lid and store in the fridge for up to 10 days or more.
- Using fresh ingredients is recommended.
- Substitute ginger with ½ teaspoon ginger powder.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes for fresh chilli.
- You may use extra chillies if you like your sauce to be very spicy.
- You can use extra cornflour to thicken sauce to your liking.
Steps to make sauce
Keep everything in the pot except cornflour. Bring it to boil.
Add cornflour mixed with water to thicken the sauce.
Share your feedback in comments, we are always looking forward to hear from you.