This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a famous soup, a heartthrob of many soup lovers. I had been working on this recipe for a quite long. Now, I feel this is perfected. I have fully updated this recipe and switched many ingredients.
Instead of cream, I used coconut milk and lemon which is a game changer. It tastes just delicious and you don't have to worry about the curdling of cream. This soup pairs well with pulaos, and other rice dishes like Singaporean rice or smoky chicken rice.
If you love roasted almonds try my homemade almond butter. It's easy to make and has a soothing taste.
How to make it?
I used ¼ cup almond. ( skinned or silver almonds work best.)
Make a very fine powder.
Saute almond powder, flour, cumin and chicken cube on slow heat in butter for a minutes until fragrant.
Add corns.if using canned also add the water in the can. ( I used frozen.)
Add chicken stock and water.
Add coconut milk powder. ( You may use fresh coconut milk or coconut cream as well.)
Season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice. Add coriander leaves and simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust water if needed.
you like soup you might like
If you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Chicken almond cream soup
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon plain flour
- ¼ cup almond
- 1 chicken cube, optional
- 1 tin sweet corn (with water), (or 1 cup boiled corns)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water, or as required
- ¼ cup coconut milk powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper , to taste
- few coriander leaves
- Grind the almonds very finely.
- In a vessel on very low flame add butter, flour and fine powder of almonds,cumin and chicken cube. Saute for a minute.
- Next add, corns, chicken stock, coconut milk powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice and water. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves Serve with a slice of fresh lemon.