Step by step recipe of chicken almond cream soup with photo of each step.
This is a famous soup, heart throb of many soup lovers. I had been working this recipe for a quite long. Now, i feel this is perfected. I have fully updated this recipe and switched many ingredient.
Instead of cream, I used coconut milk and lemon which is game changer. It taste just delicious and you don't have to worry about curdling of cream. This soup pairs well with pulaos, and other rice dishes like singaporean rice or smokey chicken rice.
If you love roasted almonds try my homemade almond butter. It's easy to make and have heavenly taste.
How to make Chicken Almond Cream Soup recipe (Updated on 22/3/19)
Chicken almond cream soup
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon plain flour
- ¼ cup almond
- 1 chicken cube, optional
- 1 tin sweet corn (with water), (or 1 cup boiled corns)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water, or as required
- ¼ cup coconut milk powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper , to taste
- few coriander leaves
- Grind the almonds very finely.
- In a vessel on very low flame add butter, flour and fine powder of almonds,cumin and chicken cube. Saute for a minute.
- Next add, corns, chicken stock, coconut milk powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice and water. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves Serve with a slice of fresh lemon.
Step by step Chicken Almond Cream Soup recipe
I used ¼ cup almond. ( skinned or silver almonds work best.)
Make a very fine powder.
Saute almond powder, flour, cumin and chicken cube on slow heat in butter for a minutes until fragrant.
Add corns.if using canned also add the water in the can. ( I used frozen.)
Add chicken stock and water.
Add coconut milk powder. ( You may use fresh coconut milk or coconut cream as well.)
Season with salt and pepper.
Add lemon juice.
Add coriander leaves and simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust water if needed.