Fresh tomato soup recipe with photos. Did you know tomato is the only fruit that releases it's antioxidant (Lycopene) upon heating. So cook your tomato soup for 1-2 hours or more on slow heat. Making a good tomato soup was a struggle for me. I tried making soup with only tomato, then tomato and onions, tomato and noodles, but result was never a deep tomatoey soup.
Only now I'm satisfied with the recipe. I know, the recipe is simple, and I came across this recipe many times but I was always averted to add carrots. Finally, I did.
For best restaurant style thick tomato soup, you need fully ripened red tomatoes. Choose the tomato variety that is your personal favorite. 1-2 carrots are the secret ingredient that adds both thickness and color to the soup. Another important ingredient is freshly grounded black pepper. And you'll see a little change can make huge impact on the taste and texture.
Do adjust the salt, pepper, lemon and thickness of soup to your taste. So are you ready to enjoy soothing warm goodness to make yourself cozy this winter?
My other similar recipes
How to make fresh tomato soup recipe
In your soup pot take carrots, onion, garlic and oil.
Saute for 3-4 minutes or until onions are transparent.
Add tomatoes,( choose ripe red tomatoes) chicken stock, basil, and salt. Cook for 1 hour at least on medium-low heat. Cover the pot.
After 1 hour soup is ready.
Blend the soup. (I used immersion blender)
Sieve the soup through a coarse strainer.
Add butter, corns, sugar, pepper, soy sauce, and salt. Then add water as much as required to adjust the consistency of the soup. Cook for 10 minutes. Finally, add lemon juice to your taste. If the tomatoes are tangy then less lemon juice will be required.
Add fresh cream before serving. Serve with fresh tomato soup with croutons.
Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
- 5 medium tomato
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup cream
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Water , to adjust thickness
- Cut onions, tomatoes, carrots and garlic in large chunks.
- In your soup pot, saute onion, garlic and carrots for 3-4 minutes, until onions are transparent.
- Add tomatoes, soup stock, basil and salt. Cook for 1 hour.
- Now blend the soup into a thin paste with immersion blender.
- Strain the soup in a coarse strainer to remove tomato seed and other solids.
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium low flame. Cover the soup.
- Add water as much required, to adjust thickness of soup.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Adjust the soup flavor as per taste.
- Just before serving add fresh cream.
- Serve hot with baked or fried croutons.