This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a restaurant-style cream od tomato soup.
Did you know a tomato is the only fruit that releases its antioxidant (Lycopene) upon heating? So cook your tomato soup for 1-2 hours or more on slow heat.
Making good tomato soup was a struggle for me. I tried making soup with only tomato, then tomato and onions, and tomato and noodles, but the result was never a deep tomatoey soup.
Only now I'm satisfied with the recipe. I know, the recipe is simple, and I came across this recipe many times but I was always averted to add carrots. Finally, I did.
Why does this recipe work?
For the best restaurant-style thick tomato soup, you need fully ripened red tomatoes. Choose the tomato variety that is your personal favorite.
1-2 carrots are the secret ingredient that adds both thickness and color to the soup. Another important ingredient is freshly grounded black pepper. And you'll see a little change can make a huge impact on the taste and texture.
Do adjust the salt, pepper, lemon, and thickness of the soup to your taste. So are you ready to enjoy soothing warm goodness to make yourself cozy this winter?
How to make it?
In your soup pot take carrots, onion, garlic, and oil.
Saute for 3-4 minutes or until onions are transparent.
Add tomatoes,( choose ripe red tomatoes) chicken stock, basil, and salt. Cook for 1 hour at least on medium-low heat. Cover the pot.
After 1 hour soup is ready.
Blend the soup. (I used an immersion blender)
Sieve the soup through a coarse strainer.
Add butter, corn, sugar, pepper, soy sauce, and salt. Then add water as much as required to adjust the consistency of the soup. Cook for 10 minutes. Finally, add lemon juice to your taste. If the tomatoes are tangy then less lemon juice will be required.
Add fresh cream before serving. Serve with fresh tomato soup with croutons.
My other similar recipes
If you like soup you might like
If you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Cream of Tomato Soup
- 5 medium tomato
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup cream
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Water , to adjust thickness
- Cut onions, tomatoes, carrots and garlic in large chunks.
- In your soup pot, saute onion, garlic and carrots for 3-4 minutes, until onions are transparent.
- Add tomatoes, soup stock, basil and salt. Cook for 1 hour.
- Now blend the soup into a thin paste with immersion blender.
- Strain the soup in a coarse strainer to remove tomato seed and other solids.
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium low flame. Cover the soup.
- Add water as much required, to adjust thickness of soup.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Adjust the soup flavor as per taste.
- Just before serving add fresh cream.
- Serve hot with baked or fried croutons.