Step by step leftover dal paratha recipe with photos of each step.
How about having quick and healthy snack with leftover dal. Dal is a South Asian high protein food eaten in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal alike with both roti and chawal. Wasting food when a part of world sleeps hungry due scarcity of food seems both cruel and ungrateful.
Such recipes like the one below are great way to save time and use resources to make a delicious snack. As dal is ready just add onion, chilies, chaat masala to enhance flavors; add wheat flour to make dough and you are ready to roll out soft and delicious paratha. Kids and grown ups both will love this hot and tasty treat.
Tips for dal paratha recipe:
The taste greatly depends on dal you are using so add more spices if daal is tasteless. Dry out as much water as you can from dal so you don’t have to add a lot of wheat flour to make dough which will over shadow the taste and flavors of daal. You cam always add more wheat flour and oil if dough it still sticky.
Use non stick tawa/griddle or pan and sprinkle flour over flatbread after rolling so it doesn’t stick on griddle or get break while flipping to cook. You can also make Left over Haleem Paratha is the same manner. And, I have to say Haleem taste so delicious.
You may also have a look to my 14 secret of making soft roti with perfect circle.
My other similar recipes
How to make leftover dal paratha recipe?
Leftover Daal Paratha Recipe
- 2 cup thick dal , (water dried to make thick paste)
- 2 cup whole wheat flour, , more or less to make dough
- 1 small onion, , chopped
- 3-4 green chilles, , chopped
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon oil and more for frying paratha
- salt, to taste
- Dry off excess water in dal on medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Add onion, green chilies, salt, chaat masala and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add wheat flour little by little till it forms a rough dough.
- Add oil and knead for 1 minute to make smooth dough. Dough should not be sticky.
- Divide dough into portion and form balls.
- With help of wheat flour roll out dough balls into flat thick paratha.
- Cook paratha on non stick tawa or fry pan with oil till you see golden brown spots.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Step by step Leftover Dal paratha recipe
Dry dal to make thick paste and let it cool. Once cool take it in a kneading bowl.
Add lemon juice, chopped onions and chat masala.
Add chillies and wheat flour little by little and oil.
Knead a little to form smooth dough. And divide into medium size balls.
Roll out each ball into flat paratha.
Cook paratha on non stick tawa with oil. My paratha has very little oil, you can add more.
Serve hot with Green (Dhanya pudina) chutney or Tamarind (imli) Chutney.
If you like my posts, please don’t forget to like, comment and share on social media.