Step by step recipe of Mix sabzi recipe Pakistani style with photos of each step.
Some people eat very selective vegetables. For them Mix sabzi comes handy when you can add so many vegetable in your diet and all at once and eat a little of all vegetables. This recipe is also useful when you have only 1 or 2 pieces left of all vegetables in fridge. You can fix them all in one curry before you go for next grocery.
In this recipe, I’m using fenugreek and dill leaves both herbs add a distinct aroma to the sabzi.
One more reason why I love mix sabzi is because every bite brings a different vegetable and so every bite tastes different. Isn’t that a delight? Well, I love my veggies as much as my meat. I have a sweet tooth, a meat tooth and a desi tooth. Pretty much of a foodie, no?
This is my mother in law’s recipe and quite perfected so follow it completely. The spice level in this recipe is mild so add more green chili if needed.
My other Pakistani Sabzi recipe are
How to make mix sabzi Pakistani Style
Mix Sabzi Recipe Pakistani Style
- ½ cup vegetable oil - (tel)
- 1 ½ tablespoon freshly chopped garlic - (lahsun)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chilli - (kuti lal mirch)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder - (dhanya)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds - (zeera)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder - (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds - (rai)
- ½ teaspoon all spice powder - (garam masala)
- 1 ½ tablespoon green chilli paste - (hari mirch)
- 2 (200 grams) onion - (piyaz)
- 4 (200 grams) tomato - (timatar)
- 1 bunch (125 gram) spinach - (palak), stem removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon fenugreek leaves - (meethi bhaji)
- 2 tablespoon dill leaves - (suva bhaji)
- 2 (125 gram) carrots - (gajar), cut in small cubes
- ½ (125 gram) cauliflower - (phool gobi), cut into small florets
- 2 (200 gram) potato - (aloo), cut in cubes
- 1 (50 gram) brainjal
- ½ cup boiled green pea - (matar)
- Fry garlic, crushed red chillies, coriander powder, cumin seeds, mustard seed and all spice powder in oil for 1 minutes on medium heat.
- When spices sizzle, add onions and green chilli paste. Fry for few minutes until onions are soft then add tomatoes and mix well. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now, add spinach, dill leaves and fenugreek leaves, cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in chopped carrot, cauliflower, potato, brinjal and green pea.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes. When veggies are cooked. Sear , (bhonofy) on high for few minutes until oil separates. Serve with roti, khichri and whipped yogurt.