Step by step Nut and cardamom milk recipe.
In my childhood, during exams hareera milk was a must. On other days, we would get Horlick, Rooh Afza or Cadbury Chocolate milk, whatever we liked. It was only during exams, after whole day’s study, mom would give us Hareera. What a beautiful memory it was, that is still vivid in the eyes as yesterday. I was so blessed to enjoy love of my grand and great grand parents till my 20’s.
I just can’t remember to do any such things in Exam. The pressure of exams seems to be more on me than kids.
But, I’ll start this practice again. Gradually, we have all found mixing a ready made energy drink powder convenient. And kids also love the flavored milk over natural, healthier, nutrient packed nuts.
My kids like smooth milk, so I powder my nuts instead of crushing and also strain them. This has made this milk more acceptable to them.
Nevertheless, this milk is a treat. Full of nutrient, warm, aromatic and the crushed are added delight. During Ramadan if you want to skip elaborated iftari, consider having this milk with dates. And once you finished your prayer you can have diner. This milk will keep you full and energized.
How to make Hareera Nuts and Cardamom Milk
Nuts and Cardamom Milk (Hareera) Recipe
- 2¼ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon almond - crushed
- 1 tablespoon pistachio - crushed
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar or more to taste
- Few strands saffron - optional
- Heat butter in heavy bottom skillet on low heat and roast nuts for few seconds.
- Add milk, sugar, saffron, sugar and let milk and bring milk to boil. Then simmer for 5 minutes medium heat.
- Hareera is ready.