Making peanut butter at home is super simple. This just three-ingredient recipe is super quick if you have shelled and toasted peanuts in hand.
To make peanut butter at home just grind it with salt and oil. My younger boy likes it a lot. I, knowing the high protein content of peanut butter love to give it to him on paratha, toast, and roti.
My first batch of Peanut Butter came as I had a pack of fried salted peanuts that no one wanted to eat. I just had to grind them and add sugar and it was ready. And the taste was really good. The second also came like that too.
You can also check the recipe of Homemade almond butter
How to make it?
Peanut Butter, grinding process
How to store Homemade Peanut Butter?
- Store homemade nut butter in a clean jar with a tightly covered lid as exposure to oxygen can make it rancid. Always use a clean spoon for serving.
- Keep all nut butter in the fridge, and they are good for more than a month. If you like soft butter, you can store it on the countertop too for more than a week. If you want to store it for longer, you can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can even make a large batch and store it in the freezer. Just take out a small portion and store it in a separate jar in the fridge.
- If oil separates give your butter a whisk.
- Discard peanut butter if the solid part liquefies or smells or taste becomes sour.
Hungry for goodies? Check these!
If you try the Cherry jam recipe without pectin, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Peanut Butter Recipe
- 2 cups roasted peanuts, or fried peanuts
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil, not required if peanuts are fried
- Salt to taste, not required if peanuts are salted
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, or to taste
- Grind peanuts in mixer till it turns into powder. ( 2 minutes).
- Grind further and further so powder forms a rough paste. (5 minutes)
- Add oil and keep the mixer going with intervals.
- Adjust salt and sweetener to your taste.
- Add more oil if required.
- The more you grind the more creamy it will be.
- Peanut butter is ready.It taste better after two three days.
- Tip: ( The mixture will quickly turn runny so add oil bit by bit.)
- Break peanuts to open halves.
- Roast peanuts in a pot or non-stick pan on medium flame with constant stirring for 10 minutes till they turn shiny and release their natural oil.
- Or roast in oven on 350 F for 15 minutes. Remember to remove short of doneness as they will continue to cook while cooling too.