Heya! ready to easy peasy no-bake lemon cheesecake? There is something special about this cheesecake recipe It doesn't have cream cheese! When lemon is mixed with condensed milk and milk it thickens it and forms cottage cheese-like taste. So while this doesn't have cheese, it still tastes similar to cream cheese. This makes this recipe a gem for people who do not have excess to cream cheese.
This is one of those recipes on the blog, I can hand down call them fool-proof. I've made this number of times. In fact, I've been making this for 10 years. I use to make it in flan style. But making it in a springform pan is so easy. The steps are super easy, the overall process is simple and ingredients are easily available.
The half-cup lemon juice that we add in the cream cheese filling gives it a nice tarty flavor. The zesty lemon sauce gives this dessert a delicious punch in the mouth. I've also tried this dessert without lemon sauce. I used chocolate sauce and walnuts instead and it still tasted scrumptious.
The Biscuit base for Lemon cheesecake!
Lemon and butter biscuits are best friends, the base provide the perfect contrast to the sweet filling. You can use any hard biscuit, or oreo or similar biscuit. I prefer high fibre wheat biscuits as they provide depth of flavor. This biscuit base is super simple. Just crush biscuit and mix butter. The easiest way to do this is put biscuit and butter in a food processor and crush it until you have a coarse mixture. Then press this mixture in a springform pan. (If you do not have a have springform pan, you can still set this dessert is a flat based glass dish.
Do check the tips, I'm sure you'll get more insight about the recipe.
Quick Tips For Variations No bake Lemon Cheesecake
- The lemon cream cheese filling has a universal quality. It matches well with many toppings. Instead of lemon sauce, you can pour black berry, strawberry, orange, plum, peach or other sauces with fruit pulp over the cream cheese cake once it is set.
- So drive your imagination and play with ingredients in hand and create your own version. Also send us a photo on our Facebook or Instagram.
- You can also add ½ cup cream cheese to it if you like it rich. But I think it is just right.
- This dessert can also be set in a 1 litre casserole or similar dish if springform pan is not available.
- You can make biscuit base without almonds too but roasted almonds really give crunchy kick to the plain biscuit and butter.
You can check my post about tips of working with gelatin here if your gelatin won’t set easily.
Want more easy dessert? Check these!
- Kiwi Cheesecake Recipe
- Mango delight
- Coconut delight
- Strawberry cottage cheesecake
- Strawberry Cold souffle
- Icecream and Bread dessert
How to make No-bake Lemon Cheesecake Recipe?
Lemon Cheesecake recipe (no bake)
- 10 hard biscuit, like Marie or digestives
- 4 wheat biscuit
- 1 fist almonds, roasted and coarsely grounded
- 50 grams butter
For Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk, (400 gm)
- 200 ml cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ tablespoon corn flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- zest of 2 lemon
- Crush both biscuits coarsely in grinder.
- Now mix crushed almond and butter in biscuit.
- Place the mixture in a springform pan (7 inches) and press with a flat and heavy object to form an even layer of the base. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
To Bloom Gelatin
- Place a heatproof bowl over a hot water bath. Mix 2 tablespoon of gelatin powder with ½ cup warm water. Stir at regular intervals until fully dissolved.
For Cream Cheese Filling
- Mix condensed milk, cream, lemon juice, and milk in a bowl. Now add bloomed gelatin and mix well. Pour cream cheese filling over the biscuit base.
- Refrigerate again for at least 2-4 hours until set.
For Lemon sauce
- Mix all ingredients of lemon sauce and heat over a pan with constant stirring until thickened.
- When cream cheese filling in set pour lemon sauce gently over the cream cheese filling.
- Slice the cake and serve.
- This dessert can also be set in a 1 liter casserole or similar dish if the springform pan is not available.
- You can add ½ cup cream cheese to it if you like it rich.
- You can make biscuit base without almonds too but almonds really give a crunchy kick to the plain biscuits.