Step by step chocolate fudge brownie recipe with photos.
Ok! That's the recipe of my moist, fudgy, soft and delicious brownie. Something you would want to bake again and again.
The recipe is very similar to my cocoa brownie but with one addition of ½ cup baking chocolate. And, yes, that is the game changer. The texture, taste and appearance all are enhanced. We all love the delicious moist brownies that come as a result.
Beware! these are decadent and may end up on your waist. I make these for my kids who are on their way to be big boys. And they want a proper snacking around tea time.
- Last, but most important tip bake this brownie on top shelf. Yes, the little heat on top shelf keeps it moist.
- Just bake it till the center in not jiggly upon shaking and firm. Do not wait for crumbly toothpick test since the brownie continues to bake in the hot baking tray for few minutes after removing from oven. So, I've found that removing the brownie when center is no more liquid and a bit firm, works best.
My other similar recipes.
How to make brownie mix?
What I do is mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a jar to prepare my homemade brownie mix. And note down the number of cup I'll need for this recipe.
Like this mix,
4 cup flour
2 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking powder
and for one batch of this recipe, I need 1½ cup of prepared brownie mix. And this mix will make four batches that is enough for a month.
Since, I ground my sugar at home, I sieve that sugar powder to make sure there are no large granules that might settle on the bottom of pan while baking and burn. I fill a separate jar of grounded/powdered sugar.
To make brownie, I just need to grease my dish, sift brownie mix. Beat eggs and sugar together. Add oil, add brownie mix and add melted chocolate and TADA. I can proudly say in less than 15 minutes my brownie batter is in oven for baking. And that's how long it takes to heat my oven.
What is more important is that fewer step mean few dishes. Do try homemade brownie mix if brownie are staple at your home and let me know your tricks to baking in comments.
Step by step Chocolate fudge brownie recipe
Grease your dish.
Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
Take chocolate in bowl and pour hot milk over it. (Since my chocolate was already melting so I couldn't shred it. If your chocolate is hard, shred it before adding milk.)
In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar until creamy.
Mix in oil or butter.
Mix in melted chocolate and milk.
Fold in flour with a rubber spatula and transfer to your baking dish.
Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sweetened chocolate, shredded
- ½ cup hot milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup sugar, powdered
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt, (avoid if using salted butter)
- Pre-heat the oven at gas mark 4 or 350 F or 177 C.
- Grease your 7x7 inch square baking dish with oil.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Take chocolate in a bowl and pour hot milk over it. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar until creamy. Add oil and whisk again. Now mix flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tray and bake on top shelf for 30-35 minutes. Check after 25 minutes by shaking the dish. If batter jiggles upon shaking, continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes. If it is set remove from oven.
- Let it cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy a delicious cracked top brownie.
All set for baking. (I like this dish since this has a plastic lids and I can store my brownie in it.)
Bake on top shelf for 40 minutes until the liquid batter doesn't jiggle upon shaking and your brownie is set. The remaining baking will continue in hot dish and you'll get that soft moist fudgy center. If you wait and bake till crumbly center stage, it will be not as moist as you would like.