Step by step carrot cake with photos. So here another simple, easy and quick recipe of carrot cake. Probably, best carrot cake as it has raisin and jaggery as sweetner, plus carrot have their natural sweetness too. The cake is super moist, and of course very healthy. This is a great recipe for winter when fresh jaggery is available. We try to replace as much sugar as we can with jaggery in winters as jaggery is highly beneficial for health. This is easiest recipe for carrot, you may like my easiest, quickest brownie recipe too.
How to make carrot cake recipe from scratch
Author: Mariam Huzaifa
Recipe time:75 min|Prep time:30 min|Baking time:45 min|Cuisine: World|Recipe type: Healthy Cake, kid healthy snack|Course:Tea Time, Snack, Breakfast|Serving:10-12
- 1.5 cup flour (maida)
- 200 gm finely grated carrot, 1.5 cup packed ( gajar bareek kadokash)
- 3 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup jaggery, finely grated ( bareek pisa gur)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 3/4 cup Raisin (kishmish) or 3/4 cup walnut (akhroot)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cinnamon powder( pissi dal cheeni)
- a pinch of salt
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1, 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar, (bareek pissi cheeni)
- 3 tbs butter (makhan)
- 7-8 Walnuts halves for garnish
Instructions for carrot cake
- Preheat oven on gas mark 4, 180 C or 350 F.
- Grease 8 inch round pan or 7 inch square pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder with a fork like an egg, to flow in air and make the flour light.
- Mix eggs and jaggery in a food processor on low speed, until jaggery is almost melted, very tiny bits will melt later.
- Whisk in oil, then mix shredded carrots and raisins or walnuts in the egg mixture.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Pour mixture in a greased pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted come out clean, or or slightly crumbly.
- Let the cake cool for few minutes then remove from tin and cool on wire rack completely before frosting.
- For frosting, mix sugar, butter and cream with a hand beater. Spread l half frosting on first layer. Place top layer on frosting layer. and add another layer of frosting on second cake layer.
- Garnish with walnuts.
Step by step Carrot cake pictorial
- Preheat oven, grease and line the base of pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder
- Blend eggs with jaggery, until jaggery melts on low speed. Do not over beat few tiny bit of jaggery will melt later.
- Mix in oil, raisin or walnuts and carrots.
- Mix flour, batter will be runny.
Bake cake for 40-45 minutes in preheat oven at 350 F, 180 C, Gas mark 4. Cake is ready when toothpick inserted come out clean.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing sugar and butter with beater for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and mix well.
- Divide the cake in two layers.
- Apply half frosting on bottom layer and remaining on top layer.
- Garnish with whole walnuts.
- I sometimes make this recipe with raisin, sometimes with walnuts. Takes better with walnut.
- They cake is great for teatime even without frosting.
Don’t forget to like, share, and comment. Subscribe us.