Step by step recipe of White chicken korma with almonds with photos.
Hey there! Did you know many people get confused between white korma, white karahi, and white handi. Some people think all are same and they end up mixing ingredients. Although, ingredient are similar but they have different aromas and appearance. All karahi, korma or handi can be made with chicken, beef, mutton or lamb.
What is White Karahi?
Karahi literally means wok in Urdu. When meat is cooked in karahi with yogurt and cream, lots of ginger and jalapeno pepper are used . The result is a yummy light karahi.
What is White Handi?
This is another creamy delicacy. Handi is clay pot or terra-cotta pot. When boneless meat is cooked in handi with green chili, pepper and roasted cumin and coriander, the result is a handi. Sometimes, coconut milk is also added.
What is White Korma?
Like traditional korma,( also called kurma and qorma) which has fried golden onion, a variety of garam masala and yogurt. The white korma has onion paste , variety of garam masala and almond paste, poppy or cashew paste. It is highly aromatic.
Other chicken curry recipes
How to make White chicken korma with almonds ?
White Chicken Korma Recipe Pakistani
- ½ kg chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste or 1 inch ginger piece – (adrak)
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste or 3 cloves – (lahsun)
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste or 3-4 whole – (choti hari mirch)
- 150 gm or 1 medium onion – , cut in chunks
- ¼ cup de silver almond – (badaam bagair chilkay), few more for garnish
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut – (sookha khopra) or 2 tablespoon coconut milk powder or 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 6 black pepper – (kali mirch)
- 4 clove – (laung)
- 4 green cardamom – ,crushed (choti elaichi)
- 1 black cardamom – (bari elaichi)
- 1 inch cinnamon – dal cheeni
- 4 round red chili – (gol lal mirch)
- 1 teaspoon cumin – ,roasted and crushed (kuta zeera)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder – (sukha dhanya)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 150 gm or 1 medium onion – , sliced
- ½ cup greek yogurt or 250 gm yogurt – (dahi)
- ½ cup water or more
- ¼ cup cream – , optional
- ¼ teaspoon all spice powder – (garam masala)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Make Paste 1
- Make a fine paste green chilies, ginger garlic and 1 onion. Set aside.
Make Paste 2
- Dry roast almonds and let it cool for a minute. Grind almonds and coconut into a fine paste. Add some milk if required to form a paste. Set aside
- Fry sliced onions in oil until golden brown and set aside for garnish.
- In same onion oil, fry black pepper, clove, green and black cardamom, round red chili in oil for 30 seconds.
- Add cumin and coriander powder, stir and add paste 1 immediately. Fry until color changes and oil separates. (3 minutes)
- Add chicken and fry with constant stirring until color of chicken changes from pink to brown.(5 minutes)
- Add almond and coconut paste 2, yogurt and salt. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Next add cream, black pepper powder and all spice powder, stir well. Add ½ cup water for gravy. Cover and cook on medium low flame until oil separates.
- Garnish with fried onions and almond slices. Delicious white korma is ready to serve.