Step by step Dahi phulki salad recipe with photos of each step.
This is super simple and yummy recipe. You need phulki , (made from mong daal batter). You can get these in any Indian store or Nimco shop.
Ok, these are very much like Dahi bara, but what makes these special is instead of soaking phulki in water you directly add them in yogurt, the crunchy phulki, along with sweet yogurt, crunchy onion and potatoes are absolute delight and treat in the mouth.
This is simple recipe but you can play around chutney, adding tamarind chutney and green chutney too.
So without much ado let’s move to the recipe.
My other similar recipes are
How to make Dahi Phulki salad recipe
Dahi Phulki salad recipe
- 3 cup yogurt, whipped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ¾ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 6-8 tablespoon sugar
- 2 medium potato, boiled, cubbed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 150 gram phulki , or as desired
- 50 grams paapri , or as desired
- ½ cup Tamarind chutney, (imli)
- Chat masala , as desired
For spice mix
- Lightly roast spice mix ingredients and grind into a fine powder.
- Beat yogurt and milk together until smooth. Now add spice mix, sugar, potato, onion and cucumber.
- Pour yogurt mixture in a bowl, top with Phulki, Paapri, tamarind chutney and chaat masala.
Step by step Dahi Phulki Chaat Recipe
Roast and ground ingredients of spice mix.
Mix sugar, salt, spices mix, onion, potato and cucumber in whipped yogurt.
When you yogurt is mixed. Keep it aside or in fridge. Just before serving top with phulki, paapri and chat masala. and enjoy!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share !