Step by step Aloo keema patties recipe / Aloo keema cutlets recipe with photos.
Aloo (potato) keema (mince) patties are childhood delights. This is among most favourite Bohra iftar food. And, it is so simple to make. It has many steps but you can go slow like boil potatoes in morning and make qeema whenever you get time around midday and simultaneously mash and season potatoes. Then around teatime season keema and form patties and fry around night for dinner. That’s how my Dadi would make it with ease and convenience. Ofcourse, you can make it in one go. Cooling mince and potato will require some time while all other step are quick and easy.
Soft mashed potatoes with spicy keema (mince) inside and wrapped with crispy breadcrumb coating refreshes the childhood memories of living in joint family with cousins and siblings. The memory hold double story bungalow and huge backyard to play hide and seek, ‘baraf Pani’ , kho kho, oonch neech and so many other games. We had ample of free time so free to catch flies between nylon tea strainer and net of window when everyone was dozed off after lunch. Dadi (grandma) use to make Aloo qeema patties with lots of love. For me being lucky is having a childhood close to grandparents (in my case also great grandparents) and being nutured under the shadow of their wisdom and blessings.
Other similar recipes.
How to make Aloo Keema Patties/Cutlets recipe
Aloo Keema Patties/Cutlets recipe
For Qeema filling
- ½ kg mince, (mutton or beef)
- 2½ tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ,roasted and grounded
- ¾ tablespoon cumin, ,roasted and grounded
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder, (garam masala)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 onion, ,chopped
- 3-4 medium green chillies, ,finely chopped
- 3 egg boiled, ,cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup green onion, ,finely chopped
- ¼ cup green coriander, ,chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, ,chopped
- 1 teaspoon chat masala or as per taste
- 1¾ kg potatoes, ,boiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 4-6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoon water
- 4 cup bread crumbs
For Mince Filling
- Boil mince with spices and ½ cup water on medium flame for 20 minutes. When mince in tender, dry any remaining water on high flame with constant stirring. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Then mix eggs, green onions, green chillies, green coriander, onions and mint in the boiled mince and mix well. Filling is ready.
- Mash potatoes and mix red chilli powder, salt and butter.
- Make small potato balls. Then press each ball on the palm of hand and put about 2 tablespoon mince filling in the centre. Now pull the edges of mashed potato together to form a Patti or cutlets. Makes all patties similarly.
Double coating of bread crumbs
- In a deep bowl beat eggs, season eggs with red chilli powder, salt and water.
- First coat each patti in eggs then with bread crumbs to complete first coat. Again coat each Patti with eggs and then with bread crumbs for second coat.
- Heat oil in wok and fry each pattie until crispy golden.
Step by step recipe of Aloo Keema Patti
Boil keema with all spices and little water on medium flame for 20 minute.
Dry any excess water on high flame.
Let the mince cool completely.
Add eggs, green onions, mint and green Corriander.
Mix in onions.
Mix well. Filling is ready.
For potato coating:
Boil potatoes with salt. Insert knife to check potatoes are tender. Peel and dice potatoes.
Mash potatoes and season with salt, red chilli and butter.
Roll small balls out of the mashed potato.
Flat each ball on the palm.
Put about 2 tablespoons filling in centre and pull the sides of potato together to form a ball.
Make more patti similarly.
Double coating with bread crumbs.
Beat eggs in a bowl.
Roll each Patti in eggs then in bread crumb to finish first coat.
Make a second coat by dipping in bread egg and then rolling in bread crumbs.
Fry Patti in wok on high flame. Half cook one side then flip. Cook other side completely then flip again to cook first side fully.
This way you’ll have evenly cooked patties with bursting any.
Serve crispy hot with ketchup and green chutney or imli chutney.