Step by step mango delight recipe with photos of each step.
This is a simple dessert which relies more on natural sweetness. This dessert is more suitable for tea party or Iftar dinner or those times when you look for healthier dessert which relies more on natural fruit sweetness. We at home often serve fruit before the tea in the evening, so this is a perfect dessert for those gathering.
This is also a handy dessert when you have guest to entertain and you wish make something very quickly.
Ok, confession! My kids do not like it much. They like plain mangoes better than this.
I made this dessert twice before posting here on the blog since, I was not sure how good it is. It tastes delicious but not as good as cold cake and other sweeter, creamier desserts.This is not decadent guilty sort of dessert.
Most importantly, use best tasting mangoes for this dessert. We rely solely in sweetness and moisture of mangoes. You can always take less or more mangoes to suit your purpose. Use any vanilla biscuit that you like best. I used only ½ tin condensed milk but if you add more condensed the dessert gets too sweet and will undermine sweet taste of mangoes. So, I found ½ tin to be perfect which makes the cream sweet but not too overpowering.
(Update: A reader suggested used steamed and slightly sweetened peaches instead on mangoes.
Another reader suggested adding some mango juice powder like (Tang Mango Juice powder) to make it more tangy and yummy.)
For a formal dinner, I don’t recommend this dessert. Because, everyone might not be such a fan of mango and might prefer something creamier and more chocolaty.
Other similar desserts
Quick Mango delight recipe with fresh mangoes
Mango delight recipe
- 1 cup vanilla flavoured biscuit - , broken in pieces
- 2 cup mango - , cut in small cubes
- 1 cup cream
- ½ tin condensed milk
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- ¼ cup warm water
- 6 Walnuts
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes - ,toasted
- Divide biscuit pieces in six ice cream cup making a layer at the bottom.
- Spread another layer of mango cubes in each cup. Set in the fridge to chill.
- Mix gelatin and warm water in bowl and place the bowl in a larger bowl containing hot water. Stir at regular intervals until gelatin is completely dissolve and you see a clear solution.
- In another bowl mix cream, vanilla essence and condensed milk. Beat with the hand beater for a few seconds on low speed to lighten the cream. Now mix gelatin in cream. And pour third layer of the cream over the mangoes. Garnish with walnuts and coconut flakes.
Step by step recipe of Quick Mango Delight
Make a layer of biscuit in the ice cream glasses or a dish. (Remember, biscuit should be half the amount of mangoes.)
Make another layer of mangoes. Keep it the fridge to chill while you prepare for last layer of cream.
Bloom gelatin in warm water. I mix gelatin warm water and put the bowl in a bath of hot water. (Mix well and leave for few minutes while you beat the cream.)
After few minutes mix again and you’ll a transparent liquid with no gelatin crystals.
Mix sweetened condensed milk, cream and vanilla essence in a bowl.
Beat it for few seconds with a hand beater.
Pour over the mangoes equally.
You can also prepare a small dish instead of individual servings.
Garnish with nuts and coconut flakes and set in fridge for 2-4 hours to set and chill. Enjoy!